Franchising Consultative Committee
The Franchising Consultative Committee (FCC), previously known as the Franchising Consultative Panel, was established to provide a forum through which competition and consumer concerns relating to the franchising sector and other franchising issues, could be considered and addressed collaboratively.
Committee meetings are held twice a year, and are chaired by our Deputy Chair Dr Michael Schaper.
Members are drawn from a range of sectors, including franchisees, franchisors, business advisors, government agencies, franchising researchers, and educators. Appointment to the committee is at our discretion, and members typically hold office for a period of two years.
We do not pay sitting fees or reimburse travel costs for participation, members must meet their own expenses.
- Derek Sutherland – HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
- Nigel Smith – Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries
- Jason Gehrke – Franchise Advisory Centre
- Tim Hantke – Franchising Solutions
- Michael Marinos – Billy Baxter’s franchisor
- Jenelle Fountain – Tatts Lotteries franchisor
- Gary Hu – Michel’s Patisserie franchisee
- Professor Lorelle Frazer – Griffith University
- Dr Jenny Buchan – University of New South Wales
- Professor Andrew Terry – University of Sydney
- Kym De Britt – Franchise Council of Australia
- The Hon. David Beddall – Franchisee Association of Australia
- Richard Dudley – Australia Motor Industry Federation
Also participating in meetings of the committee are observers from various government agencies and departments.